When it comes to your skin, you can do lots of things to prevent and treat problems, from drinking enough water to using sunscreen and moisturizer. Some people will even opt for using microneedling in Denver so they can get that fresh-faced look. But did you know that there are also supplements that promote healthy, glowing skin?
Choosing Only What’s Best for Skin
We all know the importance of a good diet and exercise when it comes to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. But did you know that what you put in your body also has an effect on your skin? The skin is the largest organ in the body, and it is in contact with the environment on a daily basis. In other words, what you put on your skin gets absorbed into your body. That’s why it’s important to make sure the products you are using are clean and not filled with chemicals, heavy metals, or toxic ingredients.
Some foods and supplements have properties that can help improve the health of your skin and make it look younger. However, even the best supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and overall good health. Here are the best supplements for healthy skin:
- Beta-carotene – Even if you eat a healthy diet and have a good skincare routine, there is one supplement that can help you take your skincare from good to glowing: beta-carotene. This pigment is a precursor to vitamin A, and it is found in orange fruits and vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, and pumpkin.
When your body converts beta-carotene into vitamin A, it stops the release of pro-inflammatory cytokines that can damage the skin. Although inflammation is a natural process of the immune system that kills harmful bacteria, it can also lead to the formation of acne and wrinkles. To reduce the effect of any existing cytokines, you may opt for gummies (such as the ones at https://secure.cobionic.com/products/turmeric-gummies) which can improve chronic inflammatory conditions.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant that is necessary for maintaining the health of cells. It is also a powerful free radical scavenger that protects the body’s cells from the damage of free radicals. Free radicals are naturally occurring particles in the body that are the result of normal metabolism but also as a result of x-rays and other forms of radiation.
It is one of the supplements that help improve your skin. It’s an antioxidant that the body can’t produce on its own, so you must get it from food or supplements. These supplements usually contain alpha-tocopherol, which prevents the breakdown of collagen and elastin, two important proteins that keep skin healthy. Vitamin E also may help keep your skin from sagging.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C is one of the supplements that helps improve your skin. Many people have a misconception that it is only for colds and flu. But it does so much more than that. As a matter of fact, it helps to keep your body healthy. Vitamin C is also used to prevent or reverse scurvy. There are several benefits of vitamin C to the skin. For example, it helps to stimulate collagen production. This is the main structural protein of the skin, which helps to keep the skin firm and smooth.
- Vitamin D – It’s not news that vitamin D is good for your bones, but the vitamin is also known to have more dramatic effects on skin health. If you want a glowy complexion, the right supplements can be a great way to supplement your diet with vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. Vitamin D is one of the key supplements that helps improve your skin. Vitamin D helps keep your body hydrated and healthy by absorbing calcium and phosphorus. When you lack vitamin D, you may develop acne, eczema, psoriasis, and other skin conditions. These skin conditions may need extra care and treatment. For instance, eczema is a red, patchy, and flaky skin condition that could spread. As for the treatment, you might have to look for an eczema relief cream to reduce the symptoms.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Let’s be clear: omega-3 fatty acids aren’t a miracle supplement, despite what you may have heard. But if you’re looking to naturally improve the look of your skin, adding more omega-3s to your diet is a simple, inexpensive way to do it.
And the best part is, you don’t have to take a pill. You can get these fatty acids from food sources like salmon, walnuts, and flaxseeds. The unsaturated fatty acids are necessary for healthy skin because they are an important component of the membranes that surround the cells.
Good skin doesn’t just happen, it takes a lot of planning. Sometimes you might have to depend on cosmetic surgery from clinics like 8 West for clearing wrinkles and for removing acne marks.
When it comes to long term skin care, one of the biggest factors you can improve is your diet, and cutting out foods like refined sugar, alcohol, caffeine, dairy, and gluten will go a long way in providing your skin with the nutrients it needs for healthy, glowing skin. Another important change is adding in those helpful supplements mentioned above.